The hardest part of life in my opinion. I find it extremely hard to forgive others. If you do something wrong to me, I’ll be nice towards you but deep inside that pain you caused me is still there, I haven’t learned to fully forgive yet. Here’s my tips on how to forgive.
Reflect on the incident
- What made you mad?
- Why did it hurt you?
- In order to recover properly, what will you do?
Think about your personal growth as a result of what happened
- Did you learn anything about yourself?
- Have you grown mature or are you still bitter? – as you mature you will become adult like in your attitude and forgive easily without a childish behaviour
Be empathetic (put yourself in their shoes)
- Think about their feelings and how they feel.
- They may be hurting more than you are.
- Their feelings could have caused the situation to occur in the first place
Think about other people above yourself!
Forgiveness is the glue to a broken part. After you forgive you’ll feel a weight lifted off your shoulders. You WILL remember the situation, but don’t be like me and let old hurt come back; MOVE ON! Reflecting on the situation and on your emotions will benefit you in the future, as you’ll learn how to handle forgiveness. Forgiving the other person is a wonderful way to show everybody around you that YOU ARE MATURE, that you deserve to be happy and that you have a Godly heart.
Do you have trouble forgiving people? Leave your thoughts/stories below.
Until next time,